General surgeons and physicians representing a variety of medical surgical specialties utilize advanced technology in MountainView’s sophisticated surgical suites. We perform a variety of surgical procedures each year including general, vascular, gynecology, urology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, plastic/cosmetic, oral, cardiac-open heart and ear, nose and throat (ENT).
MountainView Surgery Center
The MountainView Surgery Center provides high quality care in a warm, personalized setting for patients whose surgical treatment does not require hospitalization. This program is designed to familiarize you with our facility, answer some of the most frequently asked questions and provide preparation guidelines for the day of your surgery.
MountainView Surgery Center is designed exclusively for outpatient surgery. The center’s warm surroundings and increased level of individual attention minimize the stress often associated with surgery and are particularly helpful in easing the fears of children. And since care at the MountainView Surgery Center does not demand an extended stay, your cost will be significantly lower than if you had the same procedures performed as a hospital inpatient.
The surgeons at MountainView Surgery Center are supported by a highly skilled team of anesthesiologists, registered nurses and other qualified medical personnel specially trained in surgical and recovery care. Our surgical suites are equipped with sophisticated monitors and advanced technical equipment and instrumentation. Most procedures are covered by health insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
Preparing for Surgery
Careful attention to the following instructions will help ensure your comfort and reduce the possibility of complications:
- Please arrive at our center one hour before your scheduled time unless otherwise directed by your physician. Please refer to the map to our facility to assure that you arrive in the proper place.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery.
- Bathe or shower and brush your teeth (taking care not to swallow any water) the morning of surgery.
- Remove all mascara, nail polish, contacts and all body jewelry prior to your arrival.
- Please wear casual, loose-fitting clothes and shoes that are comfortable and easy to walk in.
- Refrain from smoking after 6:00 p.m. the day before your surgery.
- Arrange for an adult to accompany you to the center and stay with you for the duration of your stay. Please limit the number of people who accompany you to the center to ensure the comfort of all visitors.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you home for your own protections and safety. In the case of a child having surgery, it is best to have someone along with the driver to help care for the child on the trip home.
- If you suspect that you are pregnant, please notify your doctor and the anesthesia personnel.
- If you experience any health changes between your recent visit to your doctor and the day of your procedure, notify your doctor. Please report even minor changes such as an elevated temperature, cough or cold.
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket. Children may be brought in wearing their pajamas.
- Diagnostic studies and lab work may be determined by your doctor’s office or MountainView Surgery Center. The doctor’s office will schedule these studies for you and discuss where they will be performed.
If we have not reached you two days prior to surgery to review your medical history, pre-operative instructions and financial arrangements, please call the center at 575-532-3300.
After surgery, you will be moved to our fully equipped recovery room, where you will remain under close observation by the anesthesiologist, our recovery room nurses and staff until you are ready to go home. Although the length of the post-operative stay varies according to the type of procedure and your surgeon’s instructions, most patients are discharged one to two hours after surgery. Your surgeon will provide post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest, and medications.
MountainView Surgery Center
4351 E. Lohman Avenue, Suite 102
Las Cruces, NM 88011